1. Join Industry Experts in Member Connection April 21 – 23 for the WCX Knowledge Bar
We’re bringing a piece of WCX to you – connect with some of SAE’s experts in the mobility industry in Member Connection. Over the course of three days, SAE’s industry experts will be ready to talk about the following:
- V2X and How It Assists Automation and Creates Better Roadmanship
- Quality, Reliability, and Data Analytic
- Lightweight Structure Design for Durability & Reliability
- High Voltage Vehicle Charging for EVs and PHEVs
- Powertrain Calibration Controls NVH
- Getting the Most Out of System Analysis Fuel Consumption and Emissions Improvements of Advanced Cylinder Deactivation.
2. Mentor Mixer: Women in Engineering – Effective Communication
Mentoring is an important part of your future career, and SAE has an online Mentor Community for you to connect with experienced professionals in the mobility industry. We are hosting a Mentor Mixer May 7 - 8 in Member Connection related to women in engineering and effective communication in the workplace. Our mentor hosts will be available to answer questions about navigating the workplace as a woman in a male-dominated industry and how to communicate effectively with colleagues. Please note you must be a member and enroll in the Mentor Community.
3. Industrial Lectures via Webex
SAE is still connecting students with industry experts through the Industrial Lecture Program. This is still a time to learn and engage with other student members and professionals. We have an array of topics, from vehicle dynamic testing to project management. Check out sae.org/industrial-lecture-program for full instructions and the list of speakers. Remember that you must have an active SAE Chapter, which is separate from your CDS team (Formula, Baja, Aero, etc). If you aren’t sure you have an active chapter, please reach out to Abby Hartman, [email protected].